Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is present everywhere and a needed organism for the environment. However, elevated levels of spores can cause health issues for individuals whom are sensitive to it. For mold to exist and become problematic, a moisture issue must be present. Since mold is a living organism it requires a feeding source to survive such as sheet rock, wood, cardboard or any porous organic materials. Moisture (and oxygen) is the essential element for mold to thrive. Darkness and lack of air flow also help. This is one reason many individuals discover mold in their basements since they are often damp and dark.
The only definitive way to know if mold exits, and to what strains/types of spores are present and to what levels; is to conduct air quality testing. These test are relatively inexpensive, quickly conducted and non-obtrusive to the homeowner or business. Once the results are confirmed, SERVPRO of Wayne and South Lackawanna can create a mold remediation plan. Knowing how and why the issue occurred is paramount and our mold experts will diagnosis the problem. We have the specialized training and equipment to remediate any size mold infestation.
If you suspect mold (smell a musty odor, see visible dis-colorization or have experienced water issues) in your home or business call us for your personalized remediation plan including air quality testing at 570-235-1646.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (570) 969-9470
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Wayne and South Lackawanna Counties?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (570) 969-9470
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Wayne and South Lackawanna Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Scranton community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: