Effects of Soot
We recently received a call from a Honesdale homeowner who had soot damage in a bedroom from long term candle use. They attempted to clean the soot from the walls and ceiling but, because they did not have the specialized cleaning agents and a soot sponge that are required, unfortunately they made it worse. This attempt only embedded the soot into the sheet rock instead of cleaning/removing it.
SERVPRO of Wayne and South Lackawanna Counties using chemical sponges and SERVPRO brand cleaning agents was able to successful remove the soot from the bedroom walls and ceilings. We then sealed the surface to ensure the soot did not bleed through before we painted the room.
With one call this homeowner was able to restore the bedroom back to pre-damage condition. SERVPRO of Wayne and South Lackawanna Counties is a 24-hour emergency service company that specializes in this type of fire damage.